Looking for the most comfortable portable bed for guests or for camping?
It is time to upgrade your camping gear and guest room with a new type of bed that is both comfortable and highly portable.
If you need the most comfortable to use in your guesthouse or at the campsite, you should not forego these beds.
Unlike the common types of beds that are used at home, these ones do not force you to buy special equipment that will help you to set up the bed as if its cost was not enough.
What Is A Portable Bed?
A portable bed is a type of bed that you can disassemble totally into a pack that you can carry easily from place to place.
Of course there are other types of things that your guest can sleep on at home, but the convenience that the portable beds come with is more than what you can get from the other types of beds.
A portable bed for example, is elevated and hence can keep you at a good level that is not exposed to moisture unlike the common beds.
The size of the beds can be shrunk to a size that is highly portable. Even with the metal frames, the beds are not going to give you much problems when handling.
Types Of Portable Beds:
So far these are the best portable beds that you can get off the market;
1. Inflatable Baby Cribs:
If the common portable baby cribs are not as portable as you wish them to be, then these should be able to serve you well.
The inflatable baby cribs are much more compact than any other type of portable crib around. They can be shrunk into a really small size by removing all the air inside.
Their main advantage is that they do not have any metallic or wooden frame that should support them.
Since they are meant for the kids, their original size is quite small. Even without folding, they can be carried around easily.
2. Air Mattress Bed:
This is a portable bed for adults that comprises of a light metallic frame and an air mattress. The bed can be disassembled back into a small pack because of the flexible metallic frame that is the main component.
The bed usually raises the air mattress a few inches above the ground; high enough for you to be free of the cold ground.
3. Double Air Mattress Bed:
You may wonder why they place two air mattresses instead of one. Well, the bottom mattress acts like the leveler of the bed while the upper one is for comfort.
The double air mattress beds are the best portable beds for adults who are planning to camp in a cold region. They do not conduct any heat away from below, hence a nice warm blanket should be all you need.
4. Roll Away Bed:
This is a type of bed that is commonly used by people who are not planning to camp in one site for long. They are easy to fold and hence are best for long distance migration.
Most Comfortable Portable Bed Buying Guide.
Here are a few tips for you to keep in mind when you are buying a portable bed:
The type of mattress that you go for should be convenient for the occasion that you are planning for. Let’s take for example, you are going to camp in a rainy area.
The best portable mattress for you to go for should have a frame that levels it over the ground so that you will not have to deal with the mud if it washes through your tent.
The material that the bed’s mattress is made of should be waterproof if it is for places that are in humid or watery conditions. Some mattresses soak up much humidity that they become wet before you wake. The mattress that soaks water will make your night seem like it is in the mirror world of hell.
Since air mattresses are made to be impermeable, you need to choose one that has double layers. The upper layer can be any soft material that can either be semipermeable or totally impermeable.
A camping bed may not have the best portable mattress at times. Camping gear is made with some tweaks so that it can be able to keep you alive in the outdoors.
The best portable guest bed should only focus on comfort and portability. It does not matter which material it is made of, but rather the comfort it offers.
Both the best portable beds for guests and camping need to have the highest folding capacity to save up space and energy.
Since you will not be expecting guests every day, the bed can be folded into a compact size that can be placed in a corner.
Even in camping, a neatly folded compact bed can be easy for you to carry together with your other gear.
If the portable fold up bed requires some extra tools to set it up, then they should be easily available and portable too. A common tool used is the air pump.
A foldable bed with an air mattress that uses modest and portable air pumps should be the first option for you to go for.
The air pumps plus other tools that you need to carry for the bed should not add any more weight to your gear since if it does, the portability of the bed that you bought is lowered.
To simplify you work much further, here some of the best foldable beds for adults, kids and guests that have won the crown for the most comfortable portable bed hierarchy;
3 Best Portable Fold Up Bed & Airbed On The Market.
1. Disc-O-Bed Cam-O-Bunk Cot with 2 Organizers, Large.
The disc-o-bed bed bunk is the most comfortable portable bed that you can buy for two guests to sleep in or for your camping needs.
- The bed is both great for kids and adults too since the material used is child friendly.
- It comprises of a metallic frame that can be folded up once the bed’s use is complete. The total weight of the bed is around 74 pounds, which is great for a bunk bed that can support the weight of two people.
- A single cot can support weight of up to 500 pounds thanks to the tough powder coated steel.
- The bed is mattress free but has a removable material that is supported by the frames. The material can be removed for cleaning, making the hygienic status of the bed 100% through the years that you are going to use the bed.
- Two organizers are also included to give both the lower and upper users a place to store personal items they could use at night like phones and medication.
- The space between the two partitions is also perfect for anyone with ordinary height to sleep in (for ordinary I mean anything not recorded in the Guinness book of records).
2. Simmons Beauty Sleep Foldaway Guest Bed (Twin).
A simple bed for a simple occasion.
The Simmons beauty sleep portable guest bed has the simplistic classic design that saves up lots of space and is convenient for tents and guest rooms.
- The bed can be folded by half and made flat by pushing back the stands attached.
- This way, you can keep dust from covering the mattress and sheets while you also save more space for other purposes, making the fold up beds for adults to be the perfect ones to be used in small homes.
- The bed comes with a 3-inch foam mattress and comfort foam support. Since the bed will not be used every time, the mattress should last for a long duration of time.
- The cover of the mattress is removable and also washable. You can be the plush micro quilt mattress with any detergent available without shrinking its size.
- The bed can support weights of up to 300 pounds. This makes it perfect for it to be used by any adult within the age limit.
- Even though the 300-pound weight limit is lower than what the disc-o-bed bunk bed offers, the weight of this bed makes it much more favorable.
- It weighs just 29 pounds, which is way low than most of the folding beds for adults available.
3. Coleman Twin Airbed Cot with Side Table and 4D Battery Pump.
The Coleman airbed can be the savior of the day when you need an extra bed for guests or to carry as you go camping for the weekend.
- Unlike the foam mattress foldable beds, the middle part of the air mattress does not wear out after being folded.
- The mattress can be folded separately into a smaller size that can be stored elsewhere without consuming much space.
- The folding process does not create creases on the surface that will lead to tearing. The bed will therefore remain to be the most comfortable portable bed for ages.
- A 4D battery pump is also included in the package. The pump is super light and hence does not inconvenience you with extra weight attached.
- The pump inflates and deflates the air mattress, hence you need not start creating openings for the same purpose.
- The bed is also highly durable. A daily usage of the bed will still see it through for many years. To assure you of this, a warranty that voids after a year is given out upon purchase.
- The bed weighs 69 pounds when complete.
- It may seem like an inconvenience when you need to move it from place to place, but the bed should be able to keep you warm from the extreme temperatures of the ground at night, which a greater inconvenience even in the most comfortable folding bed.
- You can however remove the inflatable camping mattress from the bed when you are going camping if it feels like a large baggage to handle.
- A 6’2” person can fit perfectly in the bed. This however does not mean that a person with a slightly longer height can’t use it.
- This is the common size for travel beds for adults; it may be hard for you to find anything larger than that that has the same quality.
This is also the most comfortable portable bed for visitors to sleep in. The bed consists of a material that is allergen free and hence is safe for kids too.