Here Are The Most Comfortable Breast Pump On The Market In 2020
The most comfortable breast pump can be the difference between enjoying going back to work and cursing every hour.
There are many types of breast pumps on the market promising to do the job, but only a few do it well.
In this post, you’ll learn how to choose the best breast pump and see the most loved by breastfeeding mums around the world.
In a world where mothers have to work and have social lives, a breast pump comes in handy so the baby will have sufficient milk to last them while the mother is away.
Though there are other ways to extract milk from the breasts, good breast pumps are faster and less painful.
Breast milk is one of the most important things to a newborn baby. Besides the fact that it’s their only source of food, breast milk helps babies to build immunity, become intelligent and even bond with their mothers.
For a couple of years now, the medical professionals have recommended that children be given breast milk exclusively for the first six months of their lives.
The only way to do this as a working mom is to express milk, and leave it with the help to feed the baby.
This best breast pump reviews will include all the great features of the top rated breast pumps, their advantages and how to use them properly.
We have made it easy for you to know what to choose in the preparation of that bundle of joy. In the meantime, here are some of the important features to consider.
Buying Guide for the Most Comfortable Breast Pump on the Market.
It’s normal today for ladies to excuse themselves at work to go express milk in the washroom and store for their babies in the refrigerator.
The most comfortable Breast pump ensures this is done efficiently and without messing yourself up.
Types of Breast Pumps.
As the name suggests, these are pumps that use electricity or batteries to work. Most of them have double pumps for efficiency, and their suction is very powerful. Unfortunately, they are a bit bulky and costly.
These are pumps that require the user to pump with their hands.
They express milk one breast at a time, so they take a bit long to complete the process. However, they are highly portable and pocket-friendly.
What is the Best Breast Pump?
Choose a pump that will suck out all the milk in the least amount of time possible. The suction and rhythm must be powerful enough and if possible choose one with double pumps.
Though pumping milk will be uncomfortable at first, the breast flanges should not bring discomfort to the breasts. The most comfortable breast pump also allows the mom to pump while sitting in any position.
V. Ease of Use:
Using a breast pump should be as easy as turning on the switch. If it has too many parts to assemble and many applications to learn, don’t buy it.
Both babies and breast are very sensitive to bacteria and germs. Ensure the breast pump is machine washable or easy to dismantle while cleaning.
The whole idea of a breast pump is that you can express milk while at work, conference and on the road. Choose a pump that is not too bulky or heavy so it can fit in a small bag.
4 Top Ranked Breast Pumps On The Market.
1. Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump Backpack
Why is it the Top Pick?
Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump has the best pump ratings because of the advanced backpack design.
- This backpack is not just fashionable, but it holds the pump discreetly in place and provides storage space for the bottles.
- There are not many places in office buildings and public places where a mother can express milk privately except toilets. With this best rated breast pump, you can do your milk business anywhere anytime without feeling embarrassed because no one will know what you are doing.
- The double pumping kit is convenient because you can pump both breasts at the same time and fill two bottles at the same time. This kit has 24mm breast shields that fit average size breasts perfectly and comfortably, but extra sizes are sold separately.
- The Pump In Style Advanced breast pump has a 2-phase expression technology that helps express more milk in little time and comfortable position. It also has a single knob where the mom can adjust the speed and vacuum strength to their comfort.
- This amazing breast pump runs on power or AA batteries so one can use it anywhere anytime. The bag comes with four feeding bottles with lids and contoured ice packs to keep the milk bottles fresh until you get home.
- Whether you are walking, sitting in the office or stranded in a public place, Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump enables you to pump milk quickly and comfortably. It’s the best breast pump for twins and those moms who have to express milk several times a day.
2. Spectra Baby USA Double/Single Breast Pump.
Why is it a Top Pick?
Spectra Baby USA Breast Pump is on top of this list because it’s the best breast pump for working moms that have a rechargeable battery.
- It’s a compact package that is easily portable and has everything you need to pump and store milk.
- It’s also the best closed system breast pump, and this technology makes it the most hygienic pump in the world. It has a double pumping system to ensure the mom pumps both breast simultaneously without wasting time and energy.
- Other great features in the spectra best portable breast pump are the night light, letdown mode, and an excellent adjustable program. Though there is a knob to adjust the strength, this pump has a very powerful, but you can’t feel it on the breasts.
- However, the best features about this spectra Baby pump include the silence, massage feature, and timer. Women find it refreshing that no one can hear what you are doing even if you are in the office, and this is pretty convenient.
- For those people who have to pump milk at night and are afraid of dozing off, the timer comes in handy because it will stop the process after thirty minutes. The massage feature is very rare, and it’s there to stimulate the veins before starting to suction.
- Though this pump qualifies as the most comfortable breast pump, it is not hands-free and does not come with a pumping kit. It has a two-year warranty and the rechargeable batteries last really long.
3. Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump.
Why is it a Top Pick?
There is a reason Medela has the best manual breast pump, and its name is convenience. Though this pump uses hands instead of electricity or batteries, its suction is still very powerful.
- Unfortunately, most recommended breast pumps can be expensive, and most of them are big and cumbersome. This manual pump is very affordable, and it is tiny and lightweight so you can just stick it in the handbag.
- The Medela Manual Pump uses 2-phase Expression technology that mimics the baby’s breastfeeding pattern by sucking fast in the beginning to pull milk and then relaxing when the milk starts to flow. The handle moves up and down easily on a soft touch, and the breast shield is as firm and soft as a baby’s mouth.
- This pumping kit comes with BPA free two bottles with lids, bottle stand, and nipple with collar, cap, membranes and the manual pump. You can remove the handle when cleaning so it’s hygienic, and that’s why it’s the best hand breast pump.
- The Medela Pump in Style Advanced has a similar manual pump because they understand not everyone has access to electricity and batteries run out. Unlike the cumbersome and complicated Pump In Style Advanced, this manual pump is easy to carry and use when you are traveling.
- Unfortunately, this complimentary pump is tiring to the arm, and that is why Medela invented this easy to use swivel handle. One can use only one arm to pump, and it’s silent during the entire process.
4. Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump.
Why is it a Top Pick?
Philips Electric Double Electric Pump offers convenience, efficiency and extra comfort during milk expression.
- Unlike any of the other best double electric breast pump where one has to lean forward for milk to flow better, this Philips pump will still work its magic even if you lie down comfortably or sit up.
- The double electric pumps ensure you pump both breasts simultaneously, and this saves not only time and energy but also milk that is stimulated.
- The Philips Avent Electric pump has amazing massage cushions that encourage milk flow gradually before suction begins.
- This kit comes with two breastmilk bottles with lids, nipples and electric pumps that are all machine washable and BPA free. The textured massage cushions are available in 22mm and 25mm sizes which are compatible with all breast sizes.
- Using this pump is incredibly comfortable because it does not have many parts to assemble or technical knobs. Once you attach the two pumps onto the breasts and switch it on, the Philips Avent pump will automatically start the massage process and then start sucking milk.
- This pump is the most comfortable breast pump because it’s made to work and feel like a baby’s mouth with firm but gentle suction.
- It has three expression settings one can adjust from to ensure everybody is comfortable.
- Because pumping milk is necessary throughout the day, this pump is made with a sleek design and light material, so it’s easily portable. Considering how efficient and advanced this pump is, it is sold at a very affordable price.
Our extensive research included talking to mothers and experienced pediatricians to find out which top breast pumps are the best.
Any of Our final four picks is the best breast pump on the market because it’s durable, reliable and pocket-friendly.
Buying the most comfortable breast pump is a personal decision that depends on your budget, needs and how often you want to pump milk.
This manual and electric breast pump reviews will help you find the right breast pump without breaking your bank.