Here Are The Best Chainsaw For Cutting Firewood Review and Buying Guide in 2020
Trees are strong majestic pillars that can be intimidating to any wood worker. The best chainsaw for cutting firewood is the secret if a person is to have good success with cutting down a big tree. Trees are cut to give way for others to grow, clear an area or remove a blockage.
What Is A Chainsaw For Cutting Firewood?
A firewood chainsaw is a compact mechanical machine that has a rotating chain with a set of teeth running around a bar. It has a small gasoline engine to power the saw when cutting on wood.
The prominent features of a chainsaw are that they are very noisy and powerful so they can be scary machines. They are mainly used for harvesting firewood and timber from trees
Types Of Chainsaws.
The best chainsaw for cutting firewood can be electric, gas and pole chainsaw. Small electric saw for cutting wood has a cord connecting it to power source and can therefore be used in the workshop only. Gas and pole chainsaws are portable and can be used for outdoor activities and high places.
How To Use A Chainsaw To Cut Firewood.
A user’s manual must be followed to the letter and safety attire for the eyes, ears and hands worn.
To start using a chainsaw, place the saw on the ground, push the chain break forward and pull the start button on.
Best Chainsaw For The Money Buying Guide.
Before buying a chain saw, one must be clear on what the purpose is and how often it will be used. Are you wondering ‘what is the best chainsaw for cutting firewood?’ These are the top features one must keep in mind;
- Consider Safety:
A good chainsaw for cutting firewood must have anti-vibration technology to protect your arms from the effects of hand-arm vibration syndrome.
- Size of The Engine:
The best chainsaw for firewood must have enough power to cut the toughest trees. The bigger the engine the more power the chainsaw has.
- Size Of The Chainsaw:
A firewood chainsaw is extremely powerful and requires a lot of strength to operate. If you are not particularly strong, choose the best lightweight chainsaw that is small and light.
The Best Chainsaw For Cutting Firewood.
1. Husqvarna 450 18-Inch 50.2cc X-Torq 2-Cycle Gas Powered Chain Saw.
The Husqvarna is the best firewood chainsaw ideal for landowners who don’t cut trees often. It’s a great do-it-yourself machine equipped with a smart start for easy operation.
- X-Torq engine: This engine delivers 3.2 horsepower which is powerful enough for domestic work and pruning. The X-Torq technology reduces fuel consumption by 30ercent and gas emission by 60percent.
- Inertia activated chain brake to avoid injury caused by kickback.
- Air purge function to get rid of air held in the fuel system and carburetor for easy starting.
- 2-year warranty,
- Transparent fuel indicator to check when fuel is low,
- Ease to use: The choke and stop controls on this Husqvarna chainsaw are combined for easy engine starting. The smart start ensures the engine starts quickly and reduces resistance significantly.
- Durability: The three-piece crankshaft used on the 450’s engine makes it last for years. This engine also has a self-cleaning system to remove debris and preserve its long life.
- Ergonomic design: This Husqvarna 450 is incredibly light so it’s easy to use and doesn’t strain the hands even after long use. The rear handle is smartly designed with a soft inlay to protect the hands from bruising.
- Safety: A lowvib anti-vibration technology helps to absorb vibration and protect the arm from fatigue, vibration syndrome, and pain.
- Versatility: The 450 can be modified quickly and easily to improve its functions and upgrade its work.
You May Like: Best Wet Tile Saw For The Money.
2. GreenWorks Pro GCS80420 80V 18-Inch Cordless Chainsaw.
GreenWorks Pro has made the best professional chainsaw that can handle a lot of tough domestic and commercial work.
It’s the first chainsaw run on Brushless motor, a cordless outdoor power source that gives the same power as gas. Without the use of gas, this chainsaw is light-weight, easy to maintain and lacks fumes and smell.
- Lithium-ion technology that enables users to deliver high-performance work by just snapping in a battery.
- Lightweight and compact
- Long-lasting battery
- 18-inch bar
- Time-saving: This cordless chainsaw works at the touch of a button and does not waste time in engine preparation and technicalities.
- Pollution Free: The GreenWorks 18” does not make that annoying noise or emit poisonous carbon monoxide to the air. The lack of engine power also means there is no vibration causing harm and pain on your arms.
- Portability: Besides being really small, The GreenWorks 18” is made with a very light frame which makes it easy to move around with.
- Cleanliness: Without the gas and oil spills, your work surface and attire will remain clean. This cordless machine is the best chainsaw for the money because it does not require all the maintenance gas equipment need to work well.
- Power and long-lasting battery: This chainsaw is more powerful than most gas-powered saws so it can cut through any tree. The battery power is also enough to make 150 cuts or more.
3. Makita DCS642120 20″ 64 cc Chain Saw.
The Makita 20”Chain Saw is one of the best chainsaw for cutting firewood and its ideal for domestic and forestry work such as tree stripping, firewood harvesting, and felling.
This heavy and powerful equipment with an easy start and low vibration ensure one can use it on many applications.
- 64cc engine that produces 4.7horsepower and speed of 13,500RPM.
- Automatic half-throttle lock for easy starting.
- Complete electronic ignition.
- Easy to clean chain compartment to remove the chips easily.
- Advanced vibration reducing system.
- Chain guard and tool kit to adjust items on the chainsaw.
- Decompression valve to make starting easy.
- Mechanical chain brake to reduce the risk of kickback.
- Amazing power: The Makita 20” 64cc Chain saw has a powerful engine and it’s very strong on the cut which is the real test.
- Versatility: It can be used to do all kinds of the woodwork from firewood harvesting, cutting wood for furniture, storm cleanup and so forth. It can be upgraded from 64cc to 79cc for better performance and strength.
- Vibration-free: One can use for an extended period of time without hurting or straining the arms.
- Easy start: It’s easy to start this chainsaw with just a few pulls when the saw is off before turning it on. It has no cold or hot starting and does not go off during downtime.
- Fast and clean: The Makita 20” 64cc Chain Saw cuts a 30inch trunk in 5 seconds and leaves a clean smooth cut. This speed and power ensures all the debris and chips are thrown out away from the tree so they don’t get stuck inside the saw.
4. Husqvarna 460 Rancher 2-Stoke X-Torq Gas Powered Chain Saw.
If you want a chainsaw that can hold its own for an extended period of time without powering down, this Husqvarna 460 is the choice for you.
- X-Torq engine.
- Smart start.
- Air injection.
- LowVib anti-vibration technology.
- Combined choke and stop control.
- 20inch bar and 60cc saw.
- It works in any weather condition.
- Durability: It’s made of strong material and the engine has a three-piece crankshaft covering it. The quick-release air filter also protects the engine from damaging dirt and debris.
- Easy to adjust: The user manual suggests that the bar be reversed after every use and it’s really easy to do this. The pressure release system and easy adjustment screws it’s easy to adjust and tighten the chain when it stretches.
- Oil regulator: Chain saws are very prone to spilling oil and gas unnecessarily. This regulator ensures the oil stays put all the time.
- Heavy: Though it does not feel heavy when you use it for a short period, it can really work out an arm in time. Husqvarna 460 is somewhere between amateur and professional level chainsaw that has a big powerful engine and long bar so it’s not the best chainsaw for women.
- Easy to maintain: It’s very easy to clean after use, easy to swap and easy to sharpen before next use. The engine cleans itself with the air filter while the bar and chain can be cleaned during adjustment.
- Highly efficient: Though it’s not the most powerful chainsaw in the world, the Husqvarna 460 can easily do any wood processing without a hassle. It’s great for firewood harvesting, storm clearing and felling of thin trees like.
The best chain saw for cutting firewood must be strong enough to cut through any tree but light enough not to strain the arms. It should be an all-rounded chainsaw that meets all the requirements of cutting firewood.
To ensure your chainsaw of choice works well and lasts longer, one must do regular maintenance and keep it clean. This includes changing the oil regularly, cleaning the clutch and sharpening the saw.
Any of the above chainsaws is ideal for all domestic woodwork including harvesting firewood. Any of them is the best small chainsaw in the market because they are durable, ergonomically designed, environmentally friendly and efficient.